- Summit County Probate Court - https://summitohioprobate.com -

Request for Foreign Birth Record

Filing for a Foreign Birth Record will give you an Ohio birth record for an adopted foreign child living in Summit County.

Please discuss with legal counsel the best course of action for your family when it comes to foreign birth record or foreign re-adoption.   It is important to note that the Court cannot give any legal advice so you should consult with an attorney and licensed Ohio public adoption agency with any legal questions.

The following guidelines may not be a completely comprehensive list but should help you in the process with your attorney.


When filing for a Request for Foreign Birth Record


What I need to do when requesting a Foreign Birth Record:


Fill out and file these forms:


Filing Fees:


Note: The Court cannot advise you of which is the proper course of action (foreign birth record or foreign adoption) for your child. Please consult with your attorney or adoption agency to find the appropriate procedure for your family.